My research focuses on understanding earthquake rupture processes by processing, interpreting, and modeling seismic waves and geodetic data.
- Dissertation Title: Rupture characterizations of the 2008 Mw 7.9 Wenchuan Earthquake and the 2011 Mw 9.1 Tohoku-Oki earthquake
- Shao, G., Ji, C. and Hauksson, E. (2012). Rupture process and energy budget of the July 29, 2008 Mw 5.4 Chino Hills, California Earthquake. Journal of Geophysical Research, doi:10.1029/2011JB008856.
- Shao, G. and Ji, C. (2012). What the Exercise of the Source Inversion Validation BlindTest 1 Did Not Tell You? Geophysical Journal International, 188, Doi: 10.1111/j.1365- 246X.2012.05359.x
- Shao, G. and Ji, C. (2011). Rupture Process of the 9 March, 2011 Mw 7.4 Sanriku-oki, Japan earthquake constrained by jointly inverting teleseismic waveforms, strong motion data and GPS observations, Geophysical Research letters, 38. L00G20. Doi:10.1029/2011GL049164.
- Shao, G., Li, X., Ji, C. and Maeda, T. (2011). Preliminary slip history of 2011 Mw 9.1 Tohoku-Oki earthquake, constrained with teleseismic body and surface waves. Earth, Planets and Space, 63(7), 559-564.